Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Colombia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom
Scarification: Soak in water, let stand in water for 24 hours
Stratification: cold stratify for 30 days
Germination: sow seed 3/8" deep, tamp the soil, mulch the seed bed
In a Nutshell:
* Nature Inspired Decorate for Rustic Accents for Weddings
* Tip: For some species, the cones remain tightly closed until exposed to very warm temperatures, it is possible to warm the cone up ( microwave or oven for short periods) and it should get fuller and may give a pleasant woodsy odor. For a Fuller look store cones in a dry area, if wet they tend to close up.
* Did You Know?The trees yield edible pinyon nuts( seed in cones) , which were a staple of the Native American Indians, and are still widely eaten. Harvesting techniques of the prehistoric Indians are still being used to today to collect the pinyon seeds for personal use or for commercialization. The pinyon nut or seed is high in fats and calories. The harvesters knocked the cones off the pinyon trees with poles, stacked the cones into a pile, put brushwood on top, lit it, and lightly scorched the pinyon cones with fire. The scorching burned off the sticky resin coating the cones and loosened the seeds. The cones were then dried in the sun until the seeds could be easily extracted.
* Natural from forest, no chemicals or preservatives applied.
* Keep out of hands of small children
* Cones are naturally imperfect, beautifully crafted by nature, made in the USA.
Natural, Botanical Pinyon Pinecones will bring a sweet, outdoorsy touch to your home. They look a bit like small flowers and are adorable painted or used as a group in a vase. Get your seasonal creativity going with small pine cones, perfect for Holiday crafting!
Sometimes referred to Clown Cones! I can't think of a better name for them. These cones are kind of different, some are still completely closed and others are mostly open and everthing in between.
Size:The cones open to 4–6 cm (1.6–2.4 in) x 1.5-2.5" in diameter Color: Light Brown with a bit of greenish and sometimes pink tipped Condition: New Good Quality Tree: Pinyon Pine Tree :Latin Name:Pinus edulis
Clown Cones! I can't think of a better name for them. These cones are kind of strange, some are still completely closed and others are mostly open and every imaginable combination in between. The closed cones are very sturdy and the open ones are not as study. The color is greenish brown tipped with pink, A real novelty.