Cherry Silverberry, Cherry Elaeagnus Elaeagnus multiflora
Detailed Listing For
Cherry Silverberry, Cherry Elaeagnus
Average Viable Seeds/Packet:
Germination Test Type:
Minimum Hardiness Zone:
In Stock: 0.43 lb
Items are priced on a curve, you can buy any 'bulk quantity' up to what we have in stock, some examples are:
| || |
Growing Info, follow in order:
Scarification: Soak in hot tap water, let stand in water for 6 hours.
Stratification: cold stratify for 90 days.
Germination: can be sown outdoors in the fall for spring germination, sow seed 3/4" deep, tamp the soil, keep moist, mulch the seed bed.
In a Nutshell:
* Elaeagnus multiflora (Goumi, Gumi, Natsugumi, or Cherry silverberry), is a species of Elaeagnus native to China, Korea, and Japan. more...
* Chinese people have traditionally considered Elaeagnus multiflora to be among a group of "nutraceuticals", or foods that are edible and have medicinal values. more...
* This species is occasionally grown in Europe and North America as an ornamental plant and for its fruit. It is an established exotic species in parts of the eastern United States . more...
* The fruit of many members of this genus is a very rich source of vitamins and minerals, especially in vitamins A, C and E, flavanoids and other bio-active compounds. It is also a fairly good source of essential fatty acids, which is fairly unusual for a fruit. more...
* It is being investigated as a food that is capable of reducing the incidence of cancer and also as a means of halting or reversing the growth of cancers. more...
Elaeagnus multiflora ( Goumi , Gumi , Natsugumi , or Cherry silverberry ), is a species of Elaeagnus native to China , Korea , and Japan .