Botanical Name: Calycanthus floridus
Botanical Name: Catalpa speciosa
Botanical Name: Cercis canadensis Northern Zone 5
Botanical Name: Cladrastis lutea
Botanical Name: Coffea arabica
Botanical Name: Cornus sericea
Botanical Name: Eucalyptus deglupta
Botanical Name: Liriodendron tulipifera dewinged
Botanical Name: Mimosa pudica
Botanical Name: Nyssa sylvatica Southern
Botanical Name: Passiflora caerulea
Botanical Name: Pinus eldarica
Botanical Name: Pinus parviflora
Botanical Name: Pinus strobus New York
Botanical Name: Prunus avium Alkavo
Botanical Name: Sequoiadendron giganteum
Botanical Name: Trifolium repens
Botanical Name: Vitis vinifera
Swamp White Oak Quercus bicolor
Scarification: Soak in water, let stand in water for 24 hours.
Stratification: cold stratify for 60 days , or until radicle emergence.
Germination: sow 1-2" deep, tamp the soil, mulch the seed bed.
Other: fall sowing in mulched beds is prefered to artificial stratification.
In a Nutshell:
* The swamp white oak is a medium-sized tree of America's north central and northeastern mixed forests. more...
* The bark resembles the White Oak. more...
* Intermediate between the Chestnut Oak and the White Oak . more...
* It is one of the more important white oaks for lumber production. more...
* Over 400 Swamp White Oak trees are being planted in the newly constructed September 11 Memorial Plaza in Manhattan. more...
* Wildlife such as deer, ducks, and geese, as well as other animals are attracted to this tree when acorns are dropping in the fall. more...
More info on http://plants.usda.gov