Atlas Cedar Cedrus atlantica Glauca
Detailed Listing For
Cedrus atlantica Glauca
Minimum Hardiness Zone:
Looking for suppliers - please reach out if you can collect!
Seed is Out of Stock: Fill in the quantity you Need:
Choose the "Check Out "Button and enter your contact information:
Sheffield's will email when it arrives: no payment at this time. Thank you
Please select the quantity desired, and we will advise availability and price as soon as possible.
Growing Info, follow in order:
Soak in water, let stand in water for 24 hours.
No pre-germination treatment required; sow immediately, sow seed 3/4" deep, mulch the seed bed.
In a Nutshell:
* The Atlas Cedar is a cedar native to the Atlas Mountains of Algeria ( Tell Atlas ) and Morocco (in the Rif and Middle Atlas , and locally in the High Atlas ).
* A majority of the modern sources treat it as a distinct species Cedrus atlantica , but some sources consider it a subspecies of Lebanon Cedar ( C. libani subsp. atlantica ).
* Cedrus atlantica(Atlas Cedar) is common in cultivation as an ornamental tree in temperate climates.
* An Atlas Cedar is planted at the White House South Lawn in Washington, DC. President Carter ordered a tree house built within the Cedar for his daughter Amy. The wooden structure was designed by the President himself, and is self-supporting so as not to cause damage to the tree.
* Cedar plantations, mainly with Cedrus atlantica, have been established in southern France for timber production. more...