White Fringetree, Old Man's Beard, Grancy Grey Beard Chionanthus virginicus
Detailed Listing For
White Fringetree, Old Man's Beard, Grancy Grey Beard
Average Viable Seeds/Packet:
Germination Test Type:
Minimum Hardiness Zone:
In Stock: 5.24 lb
Items are priced on a curve, you can buy any 'bulk quantity' up to what we have in stock, some examples are:
Growing Info, follow in order:
Soak in water, let stand in water for 24 hours.
warm stratify for 120 days, cold stratify for 60 days.
Sow seed 1/4 inch deep, tamp the soil, mulch the seed bed.
these seeds may need less than 60 days of cold strat.
In a Nutshell:
* Grown for its masses of glorious, delicate, white, slightly fragrant flowers in May; of open, spreading habit; native to the southeastern United States but hardy nearly everywhere; dark green leaf sometimes a golden yellow in fall.
* The white fringe tree's flowers bloom in late spring from May to June. These are pollinated by bees.
* The fruit can be used as a pickle like olives. The fruit is up to 18mm long, it has a thin pulp and contains 1 - 3 rounded seeds. more...
* Olive-like fruits appear from August to September.
* The leaves turn yellow and brown in the fall.
* A good landscape tree due to its small size ranging from 12 to 20 feet in height.