Silkworm Tree, Chinese Mulberry, Cudrang, Silkworm Thorn, Mandarin Melon Berry, Che, Storehousebush, Chinese Strawberry Tree CUDRANIA tricuspidata - Maclura tricuspidata
Detailed Listing For
Silkworm Tree, Chinese Mulberry, Cudrang, Silkworm Thorn, Mandarin Melon Berry, Che, Storehousebush, Chinese Strawberry Tree
Average Viable Seeds/Packet:
Germination Test Type:
Minimum Hardiness Zone:
In Stock: 4.39 lb
Items are priced on a curve, you can buy any 'bulk quantity' up to what we have in stock, some examples are:
Growing Info, follow in order:
Soak in cold water, let stand in water for 24 hours.
cold stratify for 60 to 90 days.
Sow seed 1/4" deep, tamp the soil, mulch the seed bed.
boiling water can be used if hot water does not scarify the seed.
In a Nutshell:
* Maclura tricuspidata is a tree native to East Asia , occasionally grown for its fruit , somewhat similar to that of the related mulberry ( Morus spp.). It is also known by common names including cudrang , mandarin melon berry , silkworm thorn , zhe or che ( pinyin : zhè ), and Chinese mulberry (but not to be confused with Morus australis also known by that name). It grows up to 6 m high. more...
* An infusion of the wood is used to treat sore or weak eyes. The inner bark and the wood are used in the treatment of malaria, debility and menorrhagia. The root is galactogogue and is also used in the treatment of amenorrhoea. The plant is used to eliminate blood stasis and stimulate the circulation in cancer of the alimentary system, blood and lungs. more...
* Specimen tree with a broad shaped, small tree with small thorns more...
* Fruits are available in the fall. more...
* These fruits contain vitamins, like riboflavin, thiamine and carotene and have very high levels of vitamin C. more...