Wild Celery Apium graveolens
Detailed Listing For
Seeds Per Pound:
Average Viable Seeds/Packet:
Germination Test Type:
Minimum Hardiness Zone:
In Stock: 0.54 lb
Items are priced on a curve, you can buy any 'bulk quantity' up to what we have in stock, some examples are:
Growing Info, follow in order:
Sow seed 1/4" deep, tamp the soil, mulch the seed bed.
In a Nutshell:
* Celery (Apium graveolens var. dulce) is a plant variety in the family Apiaceae, commonly used as a vegetable. The plant grows to 1 m tall. The leaves are pinnate to bipinnate with rhombic leaflets 3–6 cm long and 2–4 cm broad.
* Celery is used around the world as a vegetable for the crisp petiole (leaf stalk). The leaves are strongly flavoured and are used less often, either as a flavouring in soups and stews or as a dried herb.
* The growing plant is an insect repellent, it repels the cabbage white butterfly so is a good companion for brassicas.
* Wild celery has a long history of medicinal and food use. it is an aromatic bitter tonic herb that reduces blood pressure, relieves indigestion, stimulates the uterus and is anti-inflammatory. more...
* Celery is used in weight-loss diets, where it provides low-calorie dietary fibre bulk. more...