Jujube, Chinese Date, Tsao Ziziphus jujuba - Zizyphus jujuba , Paliurus mairei , Rhamnus zizyphus , Ziziphus sativa , Ziziphus sinensis , Ziziphus vulgaris
Detailed Listing For
Jujube, Chinese Date, Tsao
Minimum Hardiness Zone:
Seed is Out of Stock: Fill in the quantity you Need:
Choose the "Check Out "Button and enter your contact information:
Sheffield's will email when it arrives: no payment at this time. Thank you
Please select the quantity desired, and we will advise availability and price as soon as possible.
Growing Info, follow in order:
Soak in hot tap water, let stand in water for 48 hours.
cold stratify for 90 days.
sow 1" deep, tamp the soil, mulch the seed bed.
may also require warm stratification, so germination may be delayed by 1 year.
In a Nutshell:
* Jujube is both a delicious fruit and an effective herbal remedy.
* It aids weight gain,improves muscular strength and increases stamina.
* In Chinese medicine it is prescribed as a tonic to strengthen liver function.
* Japanese research has shown that jujube increases immune-system resistance.
* The leaves are said to promote the growth of hair.
* The plant is widely used in China as a treatment for burns. more...
* Native from southeast Europe through southern and eastern Asia. more...
* In Lebanon, Jordan and other middle eastren countries the fruit is eaten as snacks more...
Ziziphus zizyphus (from Greek ζίζυφον , zizyfon [ 1 ] ), commonly called jujube (sometimes jujuba), red date , Chinese date , Korean date , or Indian date is a species of Ziziphus in the buckthorn family Rhamnaceae , used primarily as a fruiting shade tree.