Catalpa Paulownia, Paulownia Tree Paulownia catalpifolia - Paulownia catalpafolia
Detailed Listing For
Catalpa Paulownia, Paulownia Tree
Minimum Hardiness Zone:
New crop seed expected this Winter.
Seed is Out of Stock: Fill in the quantity you Need:
Choose the "Check Out "Button and enter your contact information:
Sheffield's will email when it arrives: no payment at this time. Thank you
Please select the quantity desired, and we will advise availability and price as soon as possible.
Germination happens best at 20-30 degrees centigrade. Requires light for germination; keep moist.
Sterile soil should be used, care should be taken to not sow the seed too thick.
In a Nutshell:
* Paulownia is extremely fast growing; up to 20 feet in one year when young.
* Some species of plantation Paulownia can be harvested for saw timber in as little as five years. Once the trees are harvested, they regenerate from their existing root systems, earning them the name of the "Phoenix tree."
* Paulownia has the ability to reclaim ecologically stressed and degenerate patches of land relatively quickly.
* Recently, Paulownia has received a great deal of interest for its environmental properties and has been put forward as a potential solution to the global deforestation problem which lies at the heart of the climate change debate.
* It is being used as a reforestation tree in several countries, including Australia, Germany, China, the USA and Panama. more...