select i.*, substring_index(group_concat(distinct pa.country order by rsi.date_added desc),',',-1) as source_country
from inventory_item_manage i
left outer join sheffields_2017.receiving_shipments_item_has_inventory_item hrsi on i.id = hrsi.inventory_item_id
left outer join sheffields_2017.receiving_shipments_item rsi on rsi.id = hrsi.receiving_shipments_item_id
left outer join sheffields_2017.po on rsi.po_id = po.id
left outer join sheffields_2017.po_address pa on pa.po_id = po.id
where i.inventory_id = '5976'
group by i.id
Germination: surface sow on peat or sphagnum moss and keep moist by misting.
Other: A light dusting with a fungicide is recommended. Store in refrigerator until ready to use.
In a Nutshell:
* A very popular curiosity plant. Well known and especially interesting for children. A great way to promote interest in science.
* The holes in the meshwork allow small prey to escape, presumably because the benefit that would be obtained from them would be less than the cost of digesting them. If the prey is too small and escapes, the trap will reopen within 12 hours.
* If the prey moves around in the trap, it tightens and digestion begins more quickly.Speed of closing can vary depending on the amount of humidity, light, size of prey, and general growing conditions. The speed with which traps close can be used as an indicator of a plant's general health.
* Venus Flytraps are not as humidity-dependent as are some other carnivorous plants.
* The trapping mechanism is so specialized that it can distinguish between living prey and non-prey stimuli such as falling raindrops, two trigger hairs must be touched in succession within 20 seconds of each other or one hair touched twice in rapid succession, whereupon the lobes of the trap will snap shut in about 0.1 seconds. The edges of the lobes are fringed by stiff hair-like protrusions or cilia, which mesh together and prevent large prey from escaping.
* When grown from seed, plants take around four to five years to reach maturity and will live for 20 to 30 years if cultivated in the right conditions. more...