Swamp Titi, Common Myrtle, Leatherwood, Ironwood, Swamp Cyrilla, Leather- Wood, Red Titi, Black Titi, He Huckleberry, White Titi Cyrilla racemiflora - Andromeda plumata , Cyrilla brevifolia , Cyrilla caroliniana , Cyrilla fuscata , Cyrilla perrottetii , Cyrilla polystachia , Itea caroliniana , Itea floribunda , Stachyanthemum schomburgkii
Detailed Listing For
Swamp Titi, Common Myrtle, Leatherwood, Ironwood, Swamp Cyrilla, Leather- Wood, Red Titi, Black Titi, He Huckleberry, White Titi
Average Viable Seeds/Packet:
Germination Test Type:
7-15 feet (30 feet)
Minimum Hardiness Zone:
In Stock: 0.43 lb
Items are priced on a curve, you can buy any 'bulk quantity' up to what we have in stock, some examples are:
Growing Info, follow in order:
Soak in water, let stand in water for 24 hours.
sow seed 1/16" deep , tamp the soil, keep moist.
In a Nutshell:
* Cyrilla racemiflora , the sole species in the genus Cyrilla , is a flowering plant in the family Cyrillaceae , native to warm temperate to tropical regions of the Americas , from the southeastern United States (coastal areas from southeastern Texas east to southeastern Virginia ), south through the Caribbean , Mexico ( Oaxaca only) and Central America to northern Brazil and Colombia in South America .
* Common names include Swamp Cyrilla , Titi (U.S.), Bwa wouj (Caribbean), and Leatherwood .
* This deciduous tree stays under 30 ft., and, though it looks shrubby for several years, eventually makes a slender tree with smooth, cinnamon-colored trunks, abundant, showy, whorled clusters of airy, white blooms, and dark-green leaves.
* In the northern part of its range, the leaves turn rust-red in fall, dropping in spring just as the new leaves unfurl. Farther south, plants are nearly evergreen.
* The spongy bark at the base of the trunk is pliable, absorbent and astringent. It has been recommended as a styptic. more...
* Bees produce a dark honey from the flowers. more...