Redosier Dogwood, Red-twig Dogwood, Red-rood, American Dogwood Cornus sericea - Cornus stolonifera
Detailed Listing For
Redosier Dogwood, Red-twig Dogwood, Red-rood, American Dogwood
Average Viable Seeds/Packet:
Germination Test Type:
Minimum Hardiness Zone:
In Stock: 4.64 lb
Items are priced on a curve, you can buy any 'bulk quantity' up to what we have in stock, some examples are:
1 packet (~ 18 seeds)
10 gram (~ 388 seeds)
1 oz (~ 1100 seeds)
4 oz (~ 4400 seeds)
1 lb (~ 17600 seeds)
| || |
Growing Info, follow in order:
Scarification: Soak in water, let stand in water for 24 hours.
Stratification: cold stratify for 90 days.
Germination: sow seed 1/4" deep, tamp the soil, mulch the seed bed.
Other: fall sowing in mulched beds is prefered to artificial stratification.
In a Nutshell:
* In the wild, it commonly grows in areas of damp soil, such as wetlands.
* This species' stems are red or purplish red and may have good reddish - purple fall color. more...
* An easily grown plant, it succeeds in any soil of good or moderate fertility.
* The flowers are very attractive to bees. more...
* C. sericea is frequently used for waterway bank erosion protection and restoration in the United States and Canada.
* Its root system provides excellent soil retention. more...
This species' stems are red or purplish red and may have good reddish - purple fall color. It has white flowers in early summer followed by white fruit. It is quick growing and very tolerant of a wide range of conditions it likes moist conditions and spreads by stolons to form colonies.