Scarification: Soak in water, let stand in water for 24 hours|Soak in water, let stand in water for 24 hours
Stratification: cold stratify for 90 days
Germination: sow seed 1/8" deep, tamp the soil, mulch the seed bed
In a Nutshell:
* These miniature pine cones make a charming decoration in any aquarium, but they also serve some very useful purposes. Like cholla wood, alder cones are a fantastic and natural way to lower and buffer pH. We use alder cones in many of our low-pH tanks. dwarf shrimp particularly love to graze for biofilm on the surfaces of the cones. If you plan to use alder cones to lower your pH levels, we advise starting with a small amount of cones and monitoring the pH before adding more. If you want to avoid excess tannins (which can cause your water to turn yellow or brown), you can also boil the cones before use. The cones may take one to two days to sink to the bottom of your tank.
* Premium durability and Easy to work with due to their hardiness
* Cones are naturally imperfect, beautifully crafted by nature, made in the USA.
* Keep out of hands of small children
* Natural from forest, no chemicals or preservatives applied. more...
Bring the outdoors in with these natural alder cones. They are adorable cones and perfect for potpourri and centerpiece filler. Alder Cones make the Best Potpourri and Fillers for Rustic Home Decorations all year round. These hardy cones also make beautiful boutonnieres and small floral arrangements for home decor.
The cones are tiny, ranging from golden to dark brown in color and popular for Floral Arrangements. They are easy to work with, inexpensive and fun for crafters' of all ages. Popular with children's projects and Holiday decorating due to their versatility. We have heard that alder cones in aquariums can help the ph levels, The do a lot of things and even have antiseptic properties . Lower Ph provide a food source for the shrimp by creating favorable conditions for micro growth and all shrimp seem to be attracted by them doesn't matter the species.