Sago Palm, King Sago Palm, Sago Cycad, Japanese Sago Palm, Funeral Palm Cycas revoluta
Detailed Listing For
Sago Palm, King Sago Palm, Sago Cycad, Japanese Sago Palm, Funeral Palm
Minimum Hardiness Zone:
We are looking for new crop sources.
Seed is Out of Stock: Fill in the quantity you Need:
Choose the "Check Out "Button and enter your contact information:
Sheffield's will email when it arrives: no payment at this time. Thank you
Please select the quantity desired, and we will advise availability and price as soon as possible.
Growing Info, follow in order:
Soak in water, let stand in water for 48 hours.
sow 1-2" deep, tamp the soil, mulch the seed bed.
Seed needs warm temperatures after sowing to germinate (75 degrees F +).
In a Nutshell:
* Cycas revoluta ( sago cycad ), is an attractive plant native to southern Japan . Though often known by the common name of king sago palm , or just sago palm , it is not a palm at all, but a cycad .
* This very symmetrical plant supports a crown of shiny, dark green leaves on a thick shaggy trunk that is typically about 20 cm (7.9 in) in diameter, sometimes wider.
* This plant has gained the Royal Horticultural Society's Award of Garden Merit. more...
* The leaves are used in the treatment of cancer and hepatoma.
* Substances extracted from theseeds are used to inhibit the growth of malignant tumours. more...