Japanese Hackberry, Chinese Hackberry Celtis sinensis
Detailed Listing For
Japanese Hackberry, Chinese Hackberry
Average Viable Seeds/Packet:
Germination Test Type:
Minimum Hardiness Zone:
In Stock: 4.52 lb
Items are priced on a curve, you can buy any 'bulk quantity' up to what we have in stock, some examples are:
Growing Info, follow in order:
Soak in water, let stand in water for 24 hours.
cold stratify for 90 days.
Sow seed 1/4 inch deep, tamp the soil, mulch the seed bed.
fall sowing in mulched beds is prefered to artificial stratification.
In a Nutshell:
* Celtis sinensis (English: Chinese Hackberry; Chinese: ?? ) is a species of flowering plant in the hemp family, Cannabaceae, that is native to slopes in East Asia.
* It is a tree that grows to 20 m tall, with deciduous leaves and gray bark . The fruit is a globose drupe, 5–7(–8) mm in diameter. Flowering occurs in March–April, and fruiting in September–October.
* Trees can be very long-lived, perhaps to 1000 years.
* The leaves of seedlings often have a lot of white patches without chlorophyll, this is normal and older plants produce normal green leaves.
* The root bark is used in the treatment of dyspepsia, poor appetite, shortness of breath and swollen feet. more...
* As an ornamental plant it is used in classical East Asian garden design. more...
4" leaves, dark orange fruit; native to China, Korea, Japan