Common Yarrow, Plumajillo Achillea millefolium - Achillea millefolium occidentalis , Achillea lanulosa , Achillea occidentalis
Detailed Listing For
Common Yarrow, Plumajillo
Average Viable Seeds/Packet:
Germination Test Type:
Minimum Hardiness Zone:
In Stock: 1.54 lb
Items are priced on a curve, you can buy any 'bulk quantity' up to what we have in stock, some examples are:
Growing Info, follow in order:
requires light for germination, surface sow and keep moist.
In a Nutshell:
* Common yarrow is an erect herbaceous perennial plant that produces one to several stems (0.2 to 1m tall) and has a rhizomatous growth form.
* The herb combines well with Sambucus nigra flowers (Elder) and Mentha x piperita vulgaris (Peppermint) for treating colds and influenza.
* It is a frequent component in butterfly gardens. more...
* The familiar yarrow from which many garden cultivars have been derived; grows in very poor soil in full sun. more...
* Yarrow has a high reputation and is widely employed in herbal medicine, administered both internally and externally.
* Yarrow has also been used as a food, and was very popular as a vegetable in the 17th century.
* The Navajo considered it to be a "life medicine", chewed it for toothaches, and poured an infusion into ears for earaches. more...