Fraser Fir, Fraser's Fir Abies fraseri New York
Detailed Listing For
Abies fraseri New York
Fraser Fir, Fraser's Fir
Average Viable Seeds/Packet:
Germination Test Type:
Minimum Hardiness Zone:
In Stock: 17.94 lb
Items are priced on a curve, you can buy any 'bulk quantity' up to what we have in stock, some examples are:
Growing Info, follow in order:
Soak in water, let stand in water for 24 hours.
cold stratify for 30 days.
Sow seeds 1/8" deep, tamp the soil, mulch the seed bed.
In a Nutshell:
* An evergreen Tree growing to 15 m (49ft 3in) at a fast rate.
* Flowering in May, with seeds ripe form September to October
* They often form forests of considerable extent at elevations of 1200 - 1800 metres. more...
* Fraser Fir has been used more times as the Blue Room Christmas tree (the official Christmas tree of the President of the United States's White House) than any other type of tree.
* It is grown in plantations in Scotland and sold by the thousands throughout the United Kingdom and Ireland. more...
These seeds were produced in a seed orchard in New York State's Adirondack Mountain region. The original provenance was Roan Mountain VA. The trees that these were collected from have thrived in zone 4 conditions for over 20 yeras and therefore are a very hardy strain.