Cider Gum Eucalyptus gunnii
Detailed Listing For
Minimum Hardiness Zone:
Seed is Out of Stock: Fill in the quantity you Need:
Choose the "Check Out "Button and enter your contact information:
Sheffield's will email when it arrives: no payment at this time. Thank you
Please select the quantity desired, and we will advise availability and price as soon as possible.
Growing Info, follow in order:
Soak in water, let stand in water for 24 hours.
cold stratify for 30 days.
sow seed 1/16" deep, tamp the soil, mulch the seed bed.
In a Nutshell:
* This tree is widely grown because it is the most cold hardy of all the Eucalyptus species. It will tolerate as low as minus 20 degrees Celcius for brief periods. more...
* It is now commonly planted as an ornamental tree across the British Isles and some parts of western Europe.
* Eucalyptus leaves are a traditional Aboriginal herbal remedy. The essential oil found in the leaves is a powerful antiseptic and is used all over the world for relieving coughs and colds, sore throats and other infections. The essential oil is a common ingredient in many over-the-counter cold remedies.
* Fast-growing, it will produce a tree up to 37 m (121 ft) tall when mature, with growth rates of up to 1.5 m (4 ft 11 in) (rarely 2 m (6 ft 7 in)) per year. more...
* The sap has a sweet taste. It is obtained by making wounds in the bark during spring. A tapped trunk yields up to ½ litre a day. more...