White Flowering Dogwood, Flowering Dogwood Cornus florida Southern
Detailed Listing For
Cornus florida Southern
White Flowering Dogwood, Flowering Dogwood
Average Viable Seeds/Packet:
Germination Test Type:
Minimum Hardiness Zone:
In Stock: 18 lb
Items are priced on a curve, you can buy any 'bulk quantity' up to what we have in stock, some examples are:
Growing Info, follow in order:
Soak in water, let stand in water for 24 hours.
cold stratify for 120 days.
Sow seed 1/4 inch deep, tamp the soil, mulch the seed bed.
fall sowing in mulched beds is prefered to artificial stratification.
In a Nutshell:
* Flowering dogwood is a small deciduous tree growing to 10 m (33 ft) high, often wider than it is tall when mature.
* Fruits are an important food source for dozens of species of birds , which then distribute the seeds. more...
* The fruits are used as a bitter digestive tonic.
* The peeled twigs are used as toothbrushes, they are good for whitening the teeth. more...
* The most familiar of the dogwoods; a small tree with low branches that tend to form horizontal tiers.
* It has very striking white flower-like bracts that open in April and May before leaves emerge; shiny red fruit that ripens in late September and October.
* Older bark has an alligator hide appearance that is attractive in the winter landscape. more...