Blue Dracaena, Mountain Cabbage Tree, Broad-leaved Cabbage Tree, Toi Cordyline indivisa - Dracaena indivisa
Detailed Listing For
Blue Dracaena, Mountain Cabbage Tree, Broad-leaved Cabbage Tree, Toi
Average Viable Seeds/Packet:
Germination Test Type:
Minimum Hardiness Zone:
In Stock: 2.03 lb
Sample Bulk Pricing
Soak in hot tap water.
sow seed 1/16" deep, tamp the soil, mulch the seed bed.
Seed needs warm temperatures after sowing to germinate (75 degrees F +).
In a Nutshell:
* C. indivisa is very distinctive. The species can be distinguished from all other Cordyline species by its very broad blue-grey leaves, and its smaller, tightly compacted inflorescence which is produced from beneath the foliage.
* The foliage, which droops with age, is blue-green and shaped like a broad sword, with a broad and conspicuous midrib which is often tinged red, orange red or golden.
* The inflorescence is a panicle that arises from the base of the growing points underneath the leaves. more...
* Cordyline indivisa is an evergreen Tree growing to 8 m (26ft) by 2 m (6ft) at a slow rate.
* The pith of the trunk is dried and steamed until soft. Sweet and starchy,it is used to make porridge or a sweet drink. The root and stems are rich in fructose,the yields compare favourably with Sugar Beet (Beta vulgaris altissima). more...