Purple Poppy Mallow, Purple Poppymallow Callirhoe involucrata
Detailed Listing For
Purple Poppy Mallow, Purple Poppymallow
Average Viable Seeds/Packet:
Germination Test Type:
Minimum Hardiness Zone:
In Stock: 0.25 lb
Items are priced on a curve, you can buy any 'bulk quantity' up to what we have in stock, some examples are:
Growing Info, follow in order:
sow seed 1/16" deep, tamp the soil, mulch the seed bed.
In a Nutshell:
* Purple poppy mallow is a mat-forming, Missouri native perennial which most frequently occurs in dryish, rocky soils in prairies, fields and along roadsides scattered in several counties mostly northeast of the Missouri River.
* Plants typically form a low foliage mound from 6-9" tall on procumbent stems which spread along the ground to 3' wide.
* Solitary, upward facing, cup-shaped, five-petaled, poppy-like, magenta flowers (to 2.5" wide) continuously appear on thin stems above the foliage from mid-spring to fall. Stamens form a prominent central column typical of mallow family members, but with distinctive style branches.
* Leaves are palmately divided into 5-7 finger-like lobes.
* Plants resent root disturbance so the seed is best sown in situ in April. more...