Pride Of Barbados, Peacock Flower, Dwarf Poinciana, Barbados Flower Fence Caesalpinia pulcherrima
Detailed Listing For
Pride Of Barbados, Peacock Flower, Dwarf Poinciana, Barbados Flower Fence
Average Viable Seeds/Packet:
Germination Test Type:
Minimum Hardiness Zone:
In Stock: 2.69 lb
Items are priced on a curve, you can buy any 'bulk quantity' up to what we have in stock, some examples are:
Growing Info, follow in order:
Sand lightly or nick with a file, Soak in water, let stand in water for 6 hours.
Sow seed 1/4" deep, tamp the soil, mulch the seed bed.
Easily started from seeds.
In a Nutshell:
* In the genus Cæsalpinia the most popularly planted species is Cæsalpinia pulcherrima .
* Common names for this species include Poinciana , Peacock Flower , Red Bird of Paradise , Mexican Bird of Paradise , Dwarf Poinciana , Pride of Barbados , and flamboyan-de-jardin .
* It is a shrub growing to 3 m tall, native to the Tropics and Subtropics of the Americas .
* The leaves are bipinnate, 20-40 cm long, bearing 3-10 pairs of pinnae, each with 6-10 pairs of leaflets 15-25 mm long and 10-15 mm broad.
* The flowers are borne in racemes up to 20 cm long, each flower with five yellow, orange or red petals.
* The fruit is a pod 6-12 cm long. more...