Blue Wild Indigo, Rattleweed, Blue False Indigo, Indigo Weed, Rattlebush, Horse Fly Weed Baptisia australis
Detailed Listing For
Blue Wild Indigo, Rattleweed, Blue False Indigo, Indigo Weed, Rattlebush, Horse Fly Weed
Average Viable Seeds/Packet:
Germination Test Type:
Minimum Hardiness Zone:
In Stock: 0.73 lb
Sample Bulk Pricing
soak in warm water, let stand in water for 12 hours.
sow seed 1/16" deep, tamp the soil, mulch the seed bed.
In a Nutshell:
* B. australis is an herbaceous perennial that reproduces both sexually and asexually by means of its spreading rhizomes .
* The roots themselves are branched and deep, which helps the plant withstand periods of drought.
* B. australis is the most commonly cultivated species in its genus, and is also cultivated beyond its native continent in other areas such as Great Britain, where it has gained the Royal Horticultural Society's Award of Garden Merit.
* It is considered to be a desirable plant in the garden due to its deep blue to violet spring flowers, the attractive light green compound leaves, and also for the somewhat unusual oblong fruits that emerge in the late summer. more...
* The plant is under investigation as a potential stimulant of the immune system. more...