Sagebrush, Big Sagebrush Artemisia tridentata
Detailed Listing For
Sagebrush, Big Sagebrush
Seeds Per Pound:
Average Viable Seeds/Packet:
Germination Test Type:
Minimum Hardiness Zone:
In Stock: 0.26 lb
Items are priced on a curve, you can buy any 'bulk quantity' up to what we have in stock, some examples are:
Growing Info, follow in order:
warm stratify for 30 days, cold stratify for 30 days.
sow seed 1/16" deep, tamp the soil, keep moist.
In a Nutshell:
* Artemisia tridentata (also called sagebrush / common sagebrush , big sagebrush , blue / black sagebrush or mountain sagebrush ) is a shrub or small tree from the family Asteraceae . Some botanists treat it in the segregate genus Seriphidium , as S. tridentatum (Nutt.) W. A. Weber, but this is not widely followed. The vernacular name "sagebrush" is also used for several related members of the genus Artemisia , such as California Sagebrush ( Artemisia californica ). more...
* An infusion of the leaves is used as a hair rinse, it treats dandruff and falling hair. An infusion of the plant repels insects, it is also disinfectant and so is used for washing walls, floors etc. A yellow to gold dye is obtained from the leaves, buds and stems combined.
* Collected in the mountain area more...
* The seeds are used during celebrations because, when thrown into a fire, they explode like crackers. more...
* Silvery shrub with fragrant foliage; native to western United States; useful for making cowboy movies!!