Colorado Columbine, Colorado Blue Columbine, Rocky Mountain Columbine Aquilegia caerulea - Aquilegia coerulea
Detailed Listing For
Colorado Columbine, Colorado Blue Columbine, Rocky Mountain Columbine
Average Viable Seeds/Packet:
Germination Test Type:
In Stock: 2.03 lb
Items are priced on a curve, you can buy any 'bulk quantity' up to what we have in stock, some examples are:
Growing Info, follow in order:
sow seed 1/16" deep, tamp the soil, lightly mulch the seed bed.
In a Nutshell:
* Aquilegia caerulea is a species of Aquilegia flower native to the Rocky Mountains from Montana south to New Mexico and west to Idaho and Arizona .
* Aquilegia caerulea is the state flower of Colorado.
* It is also an ornamental plant in gardens, with numerous cultivars selected for different flower colors.
* The flowers stand straight up with colors of white, cream, blue, and sometimes pinkish white.
* Aquilegia caerulea - Aquilegia coerulea species has male and female parts in each flower, allowing for self-pollination. For genetic variation, it needs more pollinators like bees, hummingbirds and hawk moths.
* It seems the spurs on the dark blue Aquilegia coerulea are short, similar to the other dark blue, but as they migrate south evolution has made the colors become lighter and spurs longer to be more attractive to hawk moths than bees. more...