Small Philippine Acacia Acacia confusa
Detailed Listing For
Small Philippine Acacia
Average Viable Seeds/Packet:
Germination Test Type:
Minimum Hardiness Zone:
In Stock: 4.36 lb
Items are priced on a curve, you can buy any 'bulk quantity' up to what we have in stock, some examples are:
Growing Info, follow in order:
Pour boiling water over seed , let stand in water for 24 hours.
sow seed 1/8" deep , tamp the soil, mulch the seed bed.
In a Nutshell:
* Acacia confusa is a perennial tree native to South-East Asia. Some common names for it are acacia petit feuille, small Philippine acacia, Formosa acacia (Taiwan acacia) and Formosan koa. It grows to a height of 15m. The tree has become very common in many tropical Pacific areas, including Hawaii, where the species is considered invasive.
* Its uses include chemical products, environmental management and food and drink.
* The bark may be ground into a powder and saturated into water to create a tea, or may be spread onto various foods as a spice and taste enhancer.
* In Taiwan, its wood is used to make support beams for underground mines. The wood is also converted to charcoal for family use.
* The plant is used in traditional medicine and is available from herbal medicine shops in Taiwan. more...