Sycamore Maple ACER pseudoplatanus
Detailed Listing For
Minimum Hardiness Zone:
Per NYS Regulation Part 575, this species is classified as an Invasive Species, and as a NYS based business we are not able to sell these seeds regardless of where the purchaser is located. We have this item listed for reference only.
Seed is Out of Stock: Fill in the quantity you Need:
Choose the "Check Out "Button and enter your contact information:
Sheffield's will email when it arrives: no payment at this time. Thank you
Please select the quantity desired, and we will advise availability and price as soon as possible.
Growing Info, follow in order:
Soak in water, let stand in water for 24 hours.
cold stratify for 120 days.
Sow seed 1/4 inch deep, tamp the soil, mulch the seed bed.
fall sowing in mulched beds is prefered to artificial stratification.
In a Nutshell:
* The trees are fast-growing and make a good windbreak for exposed and maritime areas. more...
* They are often used in shelterbelt plantings. more...
* Cark green in colour; some cultivars have purple-tinged or yellowish leaves. more...
* Very common in Europe; a widely used street tree with handsome dark green leaves. more...
* Native from NW to Central Europe, Italy, Western Asia. more...
Moist bonsai speciments thrive in bright light. If you want to encourage smaller leaf size, it is critical that your bonxai be exposed to lots of natural sunlight.