Woolly Morning Glory, Elephant Creeper, Hawaiian Baby Woodrose Argyreia nervosa - Argyreia speciosa
Detailed Listing For
Woolly Morning Glory, Elephant Creeper, Hawaiian Baby Woodrose
Average Viable Seeds/Packet:
Germination Test Type:
Minimum Hardiness Zone:
In Stock: 1.37 lb
Sample Bulk Pricing
Snip a small section of the seed coat away from the seed eye.
Be careful not to cut too deep. Soak in warm water for 24 hours.
sow seed 3/8" deep, tamp the soil, mulch the seed bed.
seeds normally germinate in 7-30 days at diurnally alternating temperatures of 86 and 68 degrees F.
In a Nutshell:
* Hawaiian Baby Woodrose ( Argyreia nervosa ) is a perennial climbing vine , also known as Elephant Creeper and Woolly Morning Glory .
* This tropical vine is slow growing and produces pink/purple flowers.
* It's seeds contain Lysergic acid amide (LSA) which is a mild hallucinogen.
* The leaves have also been found to contain compounds that are helpful in treating ulcers. more...
* In most countries it is legal to purchase, sell or germinate Argyreia nervosa seeds, but they are generally unapproved for human consumption. Depending on the country, it may be illegal to buy seeds with the intention to consume them, and several countries have outlawed ergine-containing seeds altogether. In Australia, if the seeds are first treated to discourage use, then there are no restrictions on trade. more...