Fraser Fir, Fraser's Fir Abies fraseri NC, Roan Mt. X Mt. Rogers
Detailed Listing For
Abies fraseri NC, Roan Mt. X Mt. Rogers
NC, Roan Mt. X Mt. Rogers
Fraser Fir, Fraser's Fir
Average Viable Seeds/Packet:
Germination Test Type:
Minimum Hardiness Zone:
In Stock: 1.85 lb
ABIES fraseri var. NC, Roan Mt. x Mt. Rogers
Sample Bulk Pricing
Soak in water, let stand in water for 24 hours.
cold stratify for 30 days.
seed may start to germinate in cold strat., sow seed 1/4" deep, tamp the soil, mulch the seed bed.
fall sowing in mulched beds is often prefered to artificial stat. and spring sowing.
In a Nutshell:
* An evergreen Tree growing to 15 m (49ft 3in) at a fast rate.
* Flowering in May, with seeds ripe form September to October
* They often form forests of considerable extent at elevations of 1200 - 1800 metres. more...
* Fraser Fir has been used more times as the Blue Room Christmas tree (the official Christmas tree of the President of the United States's White House) than any other type of tree.
* It is grown in plantations in Scotland and sold by the thousands throughout the United Kingdom and Ireland. more...
Roan Mtn., NC x Mt. Rogers, VA
This seed orchard grown source is a "hybrid" of two provenances. Produced to give yet another choice for select growing sites.